Table of Contents
What are words that start with C?
What are cool words that start with C?
40 Clever Words That Begin With the Letter C
- CABBY-LABBY. Also called a cabby-lab, cabby-labby is an old Scots dialect word for a noisy quarrel or disagreement in which everyone involved is speaking at the same time.
How do you describe someone with the letter C?
Here’s a list of some positive adjectives that start with the letter C you can use to describe a person, place, or thing: Careful. Caring. Calm.
What big words start with C?
Explore the Words
- cacophonous. having an unpleasant sound.
- cadaverous. of or relating to a corpse.
- calamity. an event resulting in great loss and misfortune.
- callow. young and inexperienced.
- candid. openly straightforward and direct without secretiveness.
- capitulate. surrender under agreed conditions.
What is hard c words?
A hard “c” is pronounced “k”‘ as in call, correct, cup, cross, class, rescue, fact, public, panic, and ache.
What are 4 letter words that start with C?
4-letter words starting with C
What is a 6 letter word that starts with C?
6 letter words that start with C
What is a 10 letter word that starts with C?
10 letter words that start with C
What is the K and C rule?
In 1-syllable words use the letter ‘c’ with the vowels a, o, u. ‘c’ is the most common spelling for /k/ at the beginning of words. Use the letter ‘k’ with the vowels i and e. Use the consonant digraph ‘ck’ only at the end of 1-syllable words when the /k/ sound IMMEDIATELY follows a vowel.
Is cake a hard C word?
Such is the case with the letters G and C! From great to gym to cake to city, the letters G and C can be pronounced as a “hard” or “soft” sound. It often depends on the position of the letter in a word and on the letter that follows it.